The 44-year-old man was flown by Trooper 2 to an area trauma hospital for serious injuries. No other injuries were reported. Two children were on the deck when the incident occurred, and two additional children came outside when they heard the yelling. While taking Espinoza-Saldivar into custody, troopers observed signs of impairment and smelled an odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating from his breath. Troopers located a small bottle of whiskey in Espinoza-Saldivar’s jacket pocket during a search incident to arrest.
Espinoza-Saldivar was taken to Troop 4, where was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony (Felony)
- Reckless Endangering First Degree (Felony) – 4 counts
- Vehicular Assault Second Degree
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child -3 counts
- Driving a Vehicle Under the Influence
- Driving While Revoked
- Offensive Touching
Espinoza-Saldivar was arraigned by Justice of the Peace Court 3 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $88,300 cash bond.
Source: Delaware State Police Newsroom