Entertainment

Judge nixes plea deal for 2 accused of Super Bowl 55 on-field run

today04/28/2021 12

Background
share close

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida judge has rejected a proposed plea deal for two men accused of running onto the field during the final quarter of Super Bowl 55 in February.

The Tampa Bay Times reports that an attorney for Yuri Andrade and Douglas Schaffer told a Hillsborough County circuit judge during a Tuesday video conference hearing that they had reached an agreement with prosecutors to plead guilty to misdemeanor trespassing charges at Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium.

In exchange, the men would serve six months of probation, complete 25 community service hours, pay off court costs and write a letter of apology to the National Football League. The judge said that was unacceptable and rescheduled the case for next month.

 

Source: AP – All contents copyright 2021 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

 

Written by: administrator

Rate it

Previous post

Events

Large-capacity magazines ban clears Delaware House committee

DOVER, Del. (AP) — A Democratic proposal to outlaw high-capacity firearm magazines in Delaware cleared a House committee on Tuesday and will be sent to the full House. The measure passed the committee on a strict party line vote after clearing the Senate earlier this month with no Republican support. The legislation outlaws the sale or possession of magazines capable of holding more than 17 rounds. Supporters claim it can […]

today04/28/2021 7

0%