A man in Talbot County is recovering
after a firework detonated in his hand Saturday night, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal.
A child found a suspected illegal firework and gave it to his neighbor to light. However, it detonated while the man was still holding it, fire officials said.
According to officials, Talbot County EMS initially treated the man, but he was eventually flown to the Union Memorial Hand Center for further treatment. His injury is said to be serious but not life threatening.