By Paul R. Hanson
- Explores the reasons, occasions, and effects of the French Revolution
- Offers a stimulating research of the main debatable debates: have been the occasions of 1789 a social revolution or a political coincidence? Did they mark the increase of commercial capitalism or the delivery of recent democracy? was once Napoleon Bonaparte an inheritor to the beliefs of 1789 or a betrayer of the Revolution?
- Shows how old interpretation of the French Revolution has been encouraged by way of the altering political and social currents of the final two hundred years – from the Russian Revolution to the autumn of the Berlin Wall – and the way ancient examine has shifted from a political concentration to social and cultural techniques in additional fresh years.
Read Online or Download Contesting the French Revolution (Contesting the Past) PDF
Best historical studies books
Twelve years have passed by because the passing of George L. Mosse, but his paintings nonetheless offers crucial instruments for old research and impacts modern study. This quantity offers a re-assessment of his historiographical construction and an research of his effect within the context of Italian heritage.
Overdue Antiquity witnessed huge, immense cultural alterations, affecting all parts of highbrow existence. Historiography is among the such a lot attribute genres of this era and maybe probably the most leading edge ones. This quantity seeks to appreciate how historiography either answered to the cultural adjustments and formed those whilst.
This e-book explores how glossy Egyptians comprehend the Mamluks and divulges the ways that that ancient reminiscence is applied for political and ideological reasons. It in particular examines the representations of the Mamluks from ancient sessions: the Mamluk Sultanate period (1250–1517) and the Mamluks lower than the Ottoman period (1517–1811) focusing totally on the years 1760–1811.
¿Cómo vivir más libremente los angeles alegría cuando nos tienen presos las pasiones? ¿Cómo atreverse a distanciarse un poco sin apagar un corazón? A partir de los angeles experiencia vivida en carne propia, Alexandre Jollien intenta, en este libro, diseñar un arte de vivir que asume lo que resiste a los angeles voluntad y a l. a. razón.
- The Oral History Reader (Routledge Readers in History)
- Bart Ehrman and the Quest of the Historical Jesus of Nazareth
- Prima lezione di storia greca (Universale Laterza. Prime lezioni) (Italian Edition)
- Creative Pasts: Historical Memory and Identity in Western India, 1700-1960 (Cultures of History)
Additional resources for Contesting the French Revolution (Contesting the Past)
Categories: Historical Studies